Dev Samaj College library, established in 1934, plays a vital role in enhancing the learning experience of the students. It has a collection of 75000 books and more than 100 print Journals and Magazines. With its peaceful reading ambiance, the library is well-lit, airy, and spacious with a capacity of 350 students. The library provides the students with Computers and Internet Facility. It enriches them with the help of digital resources covering different subjects. Keeping pace with the current scenario, DSCW, has subscribed to N-list, DELNET online database with E-books, E-journals, E-thesis, and Dissertations.
THE LIBRARY FACILITIES:
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) for book search
- INTERNET browsing facility for Staff and Students
- NLIST e-resources (6000+titles of e-journals and 31,35,000 + e-books) from the website www.nlist.inflibnet.ac.in.
- Regular display of new arrivals in the library and Newspaper cuttings on Career Guidance and current topics
- Digital section with 15 computers of i-5 branded with 150 mbps net speed with data lease line
- More than 12 Newspapers and 40 Periodicals available in the Reading Room
- A special collection of books on all subjects for NET Exams.
THE LIBRARY RULES :
The library remains open from 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM. on all working days.
The reading room remains open from 5.00 PM to 7:00 PM. for hostel residents.
Books taken out by staff / students shall not be retained for more than a fortnight (14 days) from the date of issue.
Failure to return a book on the due date makes the staff / student liable to a fine of Rs.2 per day.
The Students must show their library card when demanded by the library staff.
All the Staff Members and Students may get their user ID and Password for accessing e-resources from the Librarian.
Strict Silence should be observed.
All the personal belonging Such as bags, purses should be kept at the rack at the entrance of the library.
In all matters pertaining to the library, the decision of the Principal shall be final.