ABOUT THE LIBRARY
Dev Samaj College for Women Library is as old as the institute. In its three storied building, the library provides access to thousands of the books, including- encyclopedias, rare books, manuscripts, maps etc. There are 70,819 books in the library. The college library has subscription to more than 100 periodicals including national and international journals, magazines, newspapers etc. A separate section is established for periodicals. College library also have a good collection of Dev Samaj Books, which are an ideal source of wisdom. These are 3812 in number. A separate library was established in Science Block in the year 2012. The Science Block library has a good collection of books e.g. 10321.
DSCW library has a modern Computer Lab, where users can use computer and internet facility for their project work. There are 15 computers in the lab which are connected through Wi-Fi. It has richest collection of e-resources also which includes- 7,65000+ e-books, 6000+ titles of e-journals, and around 20 databases like- JSTOR, EBSCOHOST, ProQuest, MedLine etc. DSCW library has established an Institutional Repository, which collects, preserves, and disseminates digital copies of the intellectual output of the college faculty members. A Library Blog is also developed to provide information and important links to e-resources for library users. Users can access this service through https://librarydscw.blogspot.com/
- Monday to Saturday: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- For Residential Students: 9.00 am to 9.00 pm
Note: The Library shall be closed on Sundays and on all other public holidays.
DSCW is a bonafide member of INFLIBNET N-LIST since 2013. N-LIST provides access to 6,000+ journals, 1,64,300+ e-books under N-LIST and 6,00,000 e-books through National Digital Library (NDL). More than 100 teachers and students of the college are accessing e-resources through Member Login.
DSCW Library is a member of DELNET (Developing Library Network). There are 2,90,00,000+ Books for loan, 40,000+ list of Journals, 5,000+ Full-text E-journals and 1,00,000+ Thesis/Dissertations available through DELNET. It offers Inter-Library Loan and Document Delivery Services to its member libraries.
DSCW Library is fully computerized and has its own computer section. All library operations such as housekeeping, bibliographical details etc. are carried out in the computer section. All the books have been bar coded through library software LIBSYS.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue):
DSCW Library has three OPAC terminals. One on the ground floor and another is on the first floor of the Main Library. One OPAC terminal is in Science Block Library. Click Here for OPAC
Students, researchers and faculty members from the college can use library services as per rules. Undergraduate students are allowed to borrow 2 books for 14 days while the students of Post Graduate classes can borrow 4 books for the same time of period. Needy students can get books issued for one complete semester through Book Bank Service.
Total No of Books: 70,819 [As per Accession Registers]
Periodicals: 71 [41 Journals (S), 24 Journals (F), 6 magazines]
Newspapers: 11 [3 English, 4 Hindi, 4 Punjabi]
Rare Books: 349
Brail Books: 02
Manuscripts (Printed): 15
Audio/Video Material: 236 [Video Cassettes 31, CDs/DVDs with Books 46, CDs/DVDs with Magazines 137, DVDs Dev Samaj 17, DVDs Miscellaneous 5]
CHATAK (College Magazine): From 1974 to 2020
College Reports: From 1951 to 2012
Reading Rooms: 4 [3 for students (2ML+1SL), 1 for staff]
Computers: 26 [15 in Computer Lab, 3 for OPAC, 7 for Library staff, 1 Server PC]
Library Sections: 06 [Reference Section, Periodicals Section, Circulation Section, Books Section, Rare Books Section, Book Bank Section]
Library Software: LS Ease 4.0 [LibSys Ltd.]
- Display of New Arrivals
- User Orientation Programme
- Bibliographic Service
- News Clipping Service
- Open Access System
- OPAC Service
- Institutional Repository
- Library Blog
- Inter Library Loan (Through DELNET)
- Computer Lab with Wi-Fi
- Printing and Photocopy
- Book Bank Facility
- Audio/Visual Material
- Photographs and Albums
- Bound Volumes of Journals and Magazines
- University Syllabi and Gazettes
- Old Question Papers of University Examinations
- All the users must observe complete silence in the Library.
- All the bags, cases, folders etc. must be placed in the luggage area.
- Borrowing time is strictly between 9.00 am to 3.30 pm.
- All the borrowed material must be returned on or before the due date.
- Reference Material is not allowed to be taken outside the library.
- Seats in the library cannot be reserved.
- All the users are required to show their college IDs to the Security officer upon entrance to the library.
- All the users are required to show all items to the security officer before leaving the library.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff.
- Users are not allowed to reshelf the books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the table or on the trolley near the door.
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating the books or any other library material will have to pay for the material with the most current edition of the same.
- Eatables, Drinks and Mobile Phones are not allowed inside the library.
- Don’t keep your money and Jewellery in your Bag.
- Keep the Library Neat and Clean.